These are the tenets I strive to follow in my life.
They are subject to change & revision.
However, the spirit of them will remain the same.
I. One should strive to protect Gaia (Mother Earth) & all its inhabitants.
II. One should act with compassion, empathy & understanding toward all beings.
III. One shouldn't murder, rape, steal from, or otherwise harm beings, Gaian or otherwise.
- III.I Unless needed to protect oneself or otherselves from mentioned harms.
IV. One should strive to make one's life easier & to make other's lives easier if able.
V. One should conform to one's best scientific understanding of Gaia.
- V.I One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.
VI. One should pass one's words through Three Gates before speaking.(?)
- I. At the first gate, ask oneself, “Is is true?”
- II. At the second gate, ask, “Is it necessary?”
- III. At the third gate, ask, “Is it kind?”
VII. One should not recognize any authoritarian hierarchy.
VIII. One should recognize there is no absolute evil, nor absolute good.
- VIII.I One should, however, strive for goodness where possible.
IX. One should listen to & attempt understanding of the words by all before passing judgement.
X. One should refrain from consuming sentient beings at all costs.
- X.I Except when absolutely necessary for survival.
XI. One should respect & honor those who teach. Those who share their stories. And those who craft art, music & so-forth.